Arrowhead is seeking a formulation scientist to join the Chemistry Department. The successful candidate will be tasked with developing phase appropriate formulations to support both early and late stage clinical programs. S/He will be expected to:
- Work closely with drug substance and product development teams to develop suitable formulations for the subcutaneous delivery of oligonucleotides.
- Work with our analytical scientists to develop suitable analytical methods to monitor the stability of proposed formulations.
- Evaluate the proposed formulations and provide recommendations to senior management as to which formulations are appropriate to pursue for toxicology and clinical testing.
- Communicate on a timely basis and collaborate closely with Arrowhead preferred contract manufacturing organizations.
- Track progress against project plans, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues to management.
- Be creative and innovation in problem solving.
- Write sections of regulatory documents.
The successful candidate should have a M.S. degree with at least 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a PhD degree with experience at least 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry. Working knowledge of common analytical techniques, including the ability to independently conduct the analyses and accurately interpret the obtained data.
Experience working with both small molecule and large molecule drug candidates. Experience with developing both early and late stage (through commercialization) formulations. Understanding of the drug development process and governing regulations. Experience working with regulatory agencies on CMC sections.
Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a Nasdaq listed (ARWR) company that develops medicines to treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing. Arrowhead’s dynamic and innovative environment offers our employees the opportunity to advance revolutionary treatments for serious and intractable diseases. Our employees are smart, creative, professionals who work collaboratively to meet our business and scientific challenges. Arrowhead’s R&D facility is located in the Research Park in Madison, WI.