Swedish Match North America LLC, a consumer packaged goods (CPG) producer and market leader of a broad assortment of smokeless tobacco products including snus and cigars, is currently seeking an Analytical Chemist for the R&D Analytical department at the Owensboro, KY manufacturing facility.
- Perform sophisticated instrumental analysis and problem solving for product defects including Consumer Complaints, Processing Defects and Raw materials.
- Review, interpret, and report analytical results using LIMS.
- Define and implement procedures which improve effectiveness and productivity including laboratory automation and computerizing.
- Manage and implement the Competitive Brands analytical process including procurement of samples, sample log in, distribution for analysis, interpretation of data and final report.
- Perform non-routine microbiological tests on manufactured products and raw materials.
- Perform advanced instrumental analysis on shelf-life studies, new products and competitive products in support of new product development process.
- Perform advanced instrumental analysis on manufactured products and shelf-life studies in support of process changes and cost improvement projects.
- Perform advanced instrumental analysis on manufactured products and shelf-life studies in support of vendor certification.
- Maintain advanced laboratory instruments and equipment to comply with ISO 17025 Standard.
- Procure needed laboratory supplies and maintain appropriate inventory and the ability to delegate lab supply procurement to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain laboratory facilities to comply with ISO 17025 Standard and the ability to delegate these tasks to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for training and mentoring of Sr. Chemical Analysts, Chemical Analysts, and Laboratory Technicians.
- Knowledgeable in ISO 17025 and 14001 Standard requirements.
- Determine unknown compounds using GC/MS and UHPLC/MS.
Education: Minimum Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline such as Chemistry, Biology, related discipline or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum two years as a Senior Chemical Analyst or comparable position/experience. Experience within an Accredited ISO 17025 Laboratory Environment desired.
Skill/Knowledge: Must be able to effectively organize and execute special projects as well as prepare concise and accurate reports. Must have knowledge and experience with the following:
- Mass Spectroscopy
- Analytical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectroscopy
- Ion Chromatography
- Methods Development & Validation
- High Pressure Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectroscopy
- Agilent Chemstation
- Agilent OpenLab
- Thermo (Dionex) Chromeleon
Other: May be required to work additional/different shifts occasionally. Must be willing to work in tobacco production environment.
BENEFITS FOR NEW HIRES: Swedish Match offers highly competitive salaries, flexible benefits program, medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), paid vacation, 11 paid holidays.....And more! An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet