Trace Analytical Chemist- Proteomics
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Battelle’s Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Defense Business Unit is currently seeking candidates for a full time, permanent position as a Trace Analytical Chemist - Proteomics. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
Primary job responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform advanced chemical analysis and research for projects involving trace analysis of components in complex matrices.
- Design and conduct experiments utilizing a variety of mass spectrometry analysis techniques (for example, LC/MS, GC/HRMS, LC/HRMS); determine appropriate acceptance criteria, conduct technical data reviews, analyze and interpret data collected, form conclusions, and write/review technical correspondence and technical reports.
- Troubleshoot complex laboratory problems; provide new perspectives to existing solutions. Develop innovative testing and/or analysis methods to improve results and/or the efficiency of the process.
- Conduct and/or lead a variety of small CBRNE research/technical projects or phases of technical projects. Provide technical direction to and coordinate the efforts of small teams of scientists and technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects within time and budget constraints.
- Prepare and make technical presentations to clients, both formal and informal.
- Assist with proposal efforts. Prepare technical sections of proposals.
- Oversee, mentor and train lower-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned.