Assistant Professor - Forensic Chemistry
Assistant Professor - Tenure Track
Department of Chemistry
College of Science, Technology, and Agriculture
- Teach forensic chemistry, general chemistry and other courses as needed
- Establish a productive research program to support the forensic options in both our undergraduate and graduate degree programs
- Support the committee structure of both the department and university
- Help maintain the forensic instrumentation in the department
- Ph.D. in Forensic Chemistry or a Ph.D. in Chemistry (any area) with demonstrated forensic chemistry related experience or training (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university.)
- Demonstrated potential for successful teaching and research
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities.
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Scholarship in Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Application Deadline: The position is available August 2018, and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by October 18, 2017.
Required Information: To apply, submit the following items online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/semoedu/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Separate statement on teaching philosophy
- Separate statement on research interests
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names and contact information of three professional references
Departmental Information: Information regarding the Department of Chemistry may be found at: http://www.semo.edu/chemistry/.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER