The Coatings Technician will work as a member of the technical team, perform design, maintenance and repair activities on mechanical, plumbing systems, and equipment, performs tasks including carpentry, welding, CNC, blasting, and painting. The Coatings Technician assists Principal Investigators (scientists and engineers) with major tasks, repairs and other duties as assigned within the research, development and testing areas of marine corrosion, marine engineering, materials, electrochemistry, coatings, biofouling remediation and environmental effects as related to the Navy surface ships, submarines, marine structures, aircraft, shore facilities and associated government use in general.
- Perform blast/paint operations and control of HAZMAT
- Assist with the operation, maintenance and repair of all mechanical, plumbing, electrical, life safety systems and other equipment as assigned within an R&D facility for marine corrosion, marine engineering, materials, electrochemistry, coatings, biofouling remediation and environmental effects
- Places orders for components, parts and supplies to maintain the continuous and efficient operations of experimental systems
- Takes care and custody of issued tools and equipment and assists with the maintenance and organization of tools, parts, and supplies inventories
- Conducts periodic inspections of mechanical, common and vacant spaces and appurtenances; maintains these areas in a clean, operational, orderly, and safe condition
- Responds to alarms and incidents of any nature, provides assistance when needed, and identifies recurring issues for follow up and correction
- Ensures that required documentation, operating logs, and maintenance forms are completed accurately and clearly and are maintained in compliance with all appropriate federal and DOD requirements
- Will be expected to work as a part of a development team and see projects through initial concept/set-up, test and evaluation and potential demonstration in a fast-past environment
- Must be comfortable in handling multiple projects simultaneously
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required
- Specific licensure in a building-related trade is desired, hands-on mechanical experience
- NACE Level II or III Certification
- Ability to make minor repairs to building systems and components using standard and specialized tools (e.g. screwdrivers, hammers, adjustment gauges, multimeters, lubrication equipment, etc.)
- Government Contract requires US citizenship (by birth or naturalization)
- General knowledge of safe work practices and OSHA regulations
- General computer and mobile device abilities
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience working in a Navy and/or boat environment preferred
- SSPC (The Society for Protective Coatings) training and certifications in painting, blasting, etc. HIGHLY desirably
- AA in an industrial/engineering discipline desirable
- OSHA 10 training or higher preferred
Type of Position: Full-Time
Excet, Inc. is a growing research services firm specializing in science and engineering.
Excet, Inc. offers a collaborative team culture where you can use your skills and experience to advance your career and make a difference. We’re looking for intellectual curiosity, a high level of comfort with complexity, and a desire to work in a wide range of challenging environments. We continue to attract and retain the best workforce in the field.
The company specializes in finding the right people for any research, engineering, or project management challenge. We offer an employee benefits package and overall cost structure that attracts and retains the highest quality of employee.
If you have talent, experience, and a desire to advance your career, come join our team.
Excet, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and participates in E-Verify.
Apply for Coatings Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly