Excet, Inc. is in search of a Corrosion Engineer who will work as a member of the technical team performing and leading research, development and testing in the areas of marine corrosion, marine engineering, materials, electrochemistry, coatings and environmental effects as related to the Navy surface ships, submarines, marine structures, aircraft and shore facilities. Ability to lead is critical to this position.
Candidates must be able to work with cross-functional groups involving government and industry partners to develop, test, manufacture and transition products or technologies to practical fleet applications and solutions. The position is full time in Key West, FL.
Specific Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop new experimental design and/or technologies at an R&D facility for marine corrosion, marine engineering, materials, electrochemistry, coatings, biofouling remediation and environmental effects
- Will be expected to work as a Project Leader in specific corrosion science and engineering projects. The emphasis revolves around the design and implementation of improved technology for legacy and next generation Naval platforms, but also closely explores the needs of life-cycle extension, improved service life, affordability, condition based maintenance and new technology development and implementation.
- Will be expected to work as a part of a development team and see projects through initial concept, write proposals, execute tests, evaluate experimental results and document the results
- Must be comfortable in handling multiple projects simultaneously
Applicant must have direct experience in either electrochemistry, corrosion control, or a related field and have a firm understanding of the fundamentals of corrosion science
Minimum of 5 years of experience in basic or applied research or product development (combined academia and industrial)
Project management experience is a plus, however that will not be the candidate’s primary function. The successful candidate will be able to immediately execute technical support at the bench and in the field.
Successful candidate should be familiar with the operation of potentiostats/galvanostats and be able to collect and interpret data from standard corrosion experiments (e.g. potential surveys, polarization scans, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS), etc.) as well as SolidWorks or other comparable CAD and/or 3-D modeling software.
• Must be highly creative and a self-starter with hands on bench experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Results focused and should take ownership for project objectives
• Must be comfortable working in a collaborative environment
• Ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Materials Engineering; Advanced degrees are preferred.
Type of Position: Full-Time
Excet, Inc. is a growing research services firm specializing in science and engineering.
Excet, Inc. offers a collaborative team culture where you can use your skills and experience to advance your career and make a difference. We’re looking for intellectual curiosity, a high level of comfort with complexity, and a desire to work in a wide range of challenging environments. We continue to attract and retain the best workforce in the field.
The company specializes in finding the right people for any research, engineering, or project management challenge. We offer an employee benefits package and overall cost structure that attracts and retains the highest quality of employee.
If you have talent, experience, and a desire to advance your career, come join our team.
Excet, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and participates in E-Verify.
Apply for Corrosion Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly