Assistant Professor in Chemistry- Physical Chemistry
CI is committed to recruiting individuals who are dedicated to furthering inclusive excellence in our campus community. We seek to enhance our diverse University population, welcoming people from all backgrounds, to sustain an environment in which all can thrive, create, work and learn.
California State University Channel Islands (CI) invites applications for a tenure track faculty position within the discipline of Physical Chemistry, starting in Fall 2018. The successful applicant will mentor undergraduate students in research at CI and teach upper-division Physical Chemistry courses and their laboratories, in addition to general/introductory chemistry courses. The candidate will also develop and teach upper-division electives in the candidate's area of expertise.
- Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from an accredited institution.
- A record of effective teaching with a variety of methodologies and technologies
- Commitment to student success.
- Commitment to a student-centered education and active learning.
- A record of scholarly and creative activities.
- A broadly trained Physical Chemist who can complement faculty in the Chemistry Department.
- Commitment to mentoring undergraduate students in research.
- A proposal outlining research/ creative work with undergraduate students that will lead to external funding and peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a multiethnic, multilingual, multigenerational, and multicultural community.
- As a condition of employment, this position will require a background check. The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Significant research experience, postdoctoral is preferred, in the field of Physical Chemistry
- An ability and interest in teaching a wide range of subjects within and across disciplines
- Record of grant and contract acquisition
- Experience in the use of innovative instructional strategies and technologies
For more information and to apply online please visit our website at: www.csucifacultyjobs.com.
Application review begins on November 3, 2017.