DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
DuPont Protection Solutions (DPS) is seeking an entry level to 10 years experienced Ph.D. Organic or Polymer Chemist with experience in the synthesis, characterization, and processing of polymers and small organic molecules for the Corian® business.
Candidates should have a strong background in organic chemistry as well as in the synthesis and characterization of polymers and polymer composites. Familiarity with a broad range of polymers is anticipated. The ability to design experiments and communicate results is critical.
This position will reside in the Research and Development group supporting the Corian® business, and is located at the Yerkes Plant Site in Buffalo, New York.
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, or related discipline
- Fundamental understanding of organic chemistry – physical, mechanistic, and synthetic
- Broad understanding of a variety of chain-growth and condensation polymerization systems, both in terms of reactions and kinetics
- Experience with characterization methods for polymers including DSC, TGA, GPC, microscopy, and rheometry
- Optional, but desirable -- experience with product stewardship, particularly around code body management
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.