Chemis t- Silicone R&D Center - 50622281
Our company. Your career. Together we make a difference. WACKER is a global technology leader in the chemical, photovoltaics and semiconductor industries and a worldwide innovation partner to customers in many key global sectors. Join our 16,700 employees in production and sales sites around the world creating unique, innovative business solutions that help advance product quality and performance.
WACKER SILICONES is one of the world's leading silicone manufacturers with silicone-based system solutions with more than 3,000 different products - silicone fluids, rubbers and resins, silanes and pyrogenic silica. At our new Silicones R&D labs in Ann, Arbor, MI, we are currently looking for an R&D Chemist
Chemist position for new R&D Center for Silicones will develop, analyze and test new silicones building blocks (silanes, siloxanes, silica) and formulations to contribute to interdisciplinary R&D projects focusing on novel Health Care, Consumer Care, Electronics, Food, Oil and Gas etc. applications
• Develop, analyze and assess new building blocks and formulations for various applications and market segments
• Work with R&D Manager in conducting research and developing new products and technologies
• Keep and grow technical knowledge of WACKER Silicones' core technologies
• Lead discussions with technical functions (Business Team and Production) to align developments and to prepare transfer of new products and technologies
• Contribute to creative R&D environment and innovation discovery discussions
• Develop and establish analytical and application relevant test methods
• Focus on safe lab operations
• Organize and manage lab routines and lab supplies
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry is preferred
• Strong chemical synthesis experience in an industrial/academic/government research lab as documented by patents, peer reviewed journal publications, conference presentations, etc.
• Experience in characterization of chemical compounds by NMR, IR, chromatographic, and calorimetric techniques
• Good understanding of Silicone Chemistry is a strong plus
• Scale up experience is a plus
• Work with minimal supervision on the development of new products and technologies
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work in cross-disciplinary teams
• Must be able to work in the US without any visa support
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dv4zrh49hrncybnf