Chemical Scientist/Engineer - Agrochemical Products (Scientist III)
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
BASF is currently seeking a motivated Scientist to join our Agricultural Solutions business at our Research & Development (R&D) facility in Research Triangle Park (RTP), NC.
Chemical Scientist/Engineer - Agrochemical Products (Scientist III) (1702912) - RTP, NC
With a focus on agrochemical product Application Science & Technology, you will be responsible for supporting the development and optimization of pesticide formulations to broaden the market and increase business results. Under general supervision of a technical manager, you will design, conduct and interpret agroscience experiments to evaluate ag product performance (delivery, drift, volatility). You will also enable product registration with regulatory agencies, and facilitate sales. In addition, you will help address emerging needs within global agriculture. This is a critical position with high business impact, requiring a unique skill set with technical expertise in application science and technology for agricultural products.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Develop expertise in the areas of agrochemical application techniques, delivery optimization, adjuvant usage, spray nozzle science, and state-of-the-art drift reduction technologies
- Design, conduct and analyze experiments for the evaluation of the performance of agrochemical products
- Write and validate test protocols and related standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Perform application and delivery optimization studies to solve research problems which may include the design and construction of specialized equipment, methodology or protocols
- Utilize existing and implement new technologies within a development program
- Help formulate creative, often complex, research programs consistent with business cases
- Assist with Environmental Health & Safety activities related to safe operation of pilot-scale experimental equipment
For further information on BASF located in RTP, NC, please select:
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- PhD in a scientific discipline such as physical/analytical chemistry, or chemical engineering with 0+ years industrial experience -OR - MS with 3+ years industrial experience – OR - BS with 5+ years industrial experience
- Experience in experimental physics, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, and/or chemical engineering as these relate to the development of formulations
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems and to generate intellectual property
- Seriousness about chemical and physical safety and hygiene
- Excellent prioritization and decision-making skills; Strong communication and presentation skills; Naturally organized, attentive to detail, and deadline-conscious
We Also Look For…
- Interest in modern global Agroscience
- Formulation development experience within the Crop Protection industry
- Experience handling and mixing solids (powders, granules), liquids (solutions, emulsions, suspensions), and compressed gases
- Demonstrated experience with studies involving physics, optics, and/or analytical chemistry
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.