Senior Ecotoxicologist I or II, Aquatic Specialist
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
BASF's Agricultural Solutions Division is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Senior Ecotoxicologist to join our North American Research Center in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
Senior Ecotoxicologist I or II, Aquatic Specialist (1703865) – Research Triangle Park, NC
As a Senior Ecotoxicologist, you will provide ecotoxicology expertise, especially in the area of aquatic ecotoxicology, for the maintenance and development of crop protection products for BASF's Agricultural Solutions Business. You will determine data requirements for specific products, design and monitor ecotoxicology studies, and use the results in ecological risk assessments to demonstrate the level of product safety. You will also be responsible for coordinating all ecotoxicology activities for new and existing pesticide active ingredients. The emphasis of this role is on support for North American and European registrations, however, global support will be needed for specific products.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Work with other scientists within BASF's Global Ecotoxicology Department, Product Registration Managers, other data development functions and business colleagues in a team environment for the successful development of crop protection products
- Provide ecotoxicology expertise to Global Product Development Teams
- Design and monitor ecotoxicology studies at contract research facilities to ensure scientific validity and compliance with international testing guidelines
- Prepare ecotoxicology summary documents and risk assessments needed for Global Regulatory Agencies
- Give presentations on the environmental safety of BASF's products to the company's regulatory and business colleagues, and Global Regulatory Agencies
- Attend seminars, workshops, training courses, and professional association meetings to maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory ecotoxicology requirements and risk assessment paradigms, especially related to aquatic organisms
- Participate in industry-wide task forces and work groups for scientific topics that are important to BASF
For further information on Agricultural Products with BASF, please select:
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
- PhD in Environmental Toxicology, Environmental Science, Wildlife Biology, or Aquatic Biology with 2+ years of experience with FIFRA-regulated chemicals -OR- MS in same with 5+ years of experience with FIFRA-regulated chemicals
- Experience with and/or training on biology of aquatic organisms
- Good communication, interpersonal and project management skills
- Experience with toxicology testing of aquatic organisms
- Experience with risk assessment of pesticides to aquatic organisms is highly desired
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.