Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry – Tenure-Track
For a complete job description see: www.nmhu.edu/jobs
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing instruction at both the undergraduate and graduate level along with leading a research program involving undergraduate and Master level students. Faculty will be expected to serve as student mentor and advisor in keeping with the university’s mission.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach (normal teaching load of 24 credit hours per academic year);
- Conduct scholarly activities such as research in organic chemistry and publish findings in professional journals;
- Establish an independent, innovative, externally–supported research program;
- Hold office hours as required;
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula;
- Prepare and teach selected courses within chemistry program to undergraduate and graduate students;
- Advise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students;
- Serve on committees, meetings as part of university service;
- Supervise students or technicians in lab;
- Maintain regular attendance;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- EDUCATION: Doctorate in Synthetic Organic Chemistry (ABD will be considered but degree must be completed by hiring date)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Skill and expertise in the classroom;
- Ability in the use of technologies and/or strategies to enhance pedagogy;
- Ability to work effectively with a culturally-diverse student body;
- Ability to develop effective methodology for the integration of teaching and research;
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to teach graduate level courses;
- Ability to supervise graduate student research;
- Ability to supervise graduate internships.
- Prolonged use of computer with repetitive hand motions;
- Speak/Hear within a normal range;
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Work is performed in an office/classroom setting.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Candidates must submit 1) a letter of interest, 2) curriculum vita, 3) statement of research plans (maximum 3 pages); 4) statement of teaching philosophy (1 page); 5) Unofficial copies of advanced degree transcripts, 6) names/address/phone numbers of 3 professional references.
For more detailed information regarding the position you may contact Jiao Chen: email@example.com .
References will be contacted in conjunction with on campus interviews and official transcripts should be requested upon
acceptance of the on campus interview.
New Mexico Highlands University
Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Email applications will be accepted: firstname.lastname@example.org
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email@example.com
NEW MEXICO HIGHLANDS UNIVERSITY IS AN EEO EMPLOYER
Apply for Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry – Tenure-Track
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly