Unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing materials science and technology startup.
CycloPure, Inc., (www.cyclopure.com) a materials science and technology company based in Skokie, IL is developing innovative, first-of-a-kind porous cyclodextrin polymers for the removal of micropollutants and other contaminants from water and air. Our chemists, material scientists and environmental engineers are working to bring our novel, high-affinity adsorbents out of the lab and into commercial applications.
Cyclopure is looking for a highly-motivated scientist or engineer with experience in polymer chemistry and material science. This position will involve experimentation with various polymerization reactions, and activities to optimize production processes to support scale-up and commercial production of our two lead production candidates.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate closely with a multi-disciplinary team of chemical scientists and environmental engineers to develop high-affinity formulations.
- Identify and develop characterization methods enabling lead materials selection.
- Synthesize, purify and characterize monomers / polymers for formulation development.
- Transfer synthetic processes and analytical methods to affiliated research organization for evaluation.
- Properly document synthetic procedures, experimental designs and results, and present experimental outcomes at meetings.
- Draft technical reports, test methods, work instructions and standard operating procedures
Qualifications and Skills
- BS or MS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Materials Science or related discipline with 2 to 4 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge or experience about process chemistry
- Experience in synthetic organic chemistry and/or polymer chemistry
- Experience with large-scale polymer manufacturing is a plus
- Hands on experience with analytical chemistry techniques, including the characterization of polymeric material is preferred: NMR, GPC, DSC, FTIR, SEM, HPLC, MS, UV/fluorescence
- Experience coordinating the transfer of analytical methods to with affiliated research organizations and contract laboratories
- Knowledge of GMP and GLP practices for chemical manufacturing and analytical methods including process or method development, verification and validation
- Proficiency with data analysis tools, such as Excel and Minitab
- A proven ability to be detail oriented and organized
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, materials start-up
- Ability to work independently, design experiments, interpret results and identify next-steps
- Capacity to work in cross functional teams