Senior Research Scientist
DrinkSavvy is a startup company that's currently developing a proprietary, patented material that utilizes chemical sensors to detect "date-rape drugs" in order to warn consumers and prevent the consumption of these illicit drugs in their beverages. Ultimately, we hope to end drug-facilitated sexual assault and robbery.
DrinkSavvy has recently been awarded a STTR grant by the National Science Foundation and will be working on the development of these sensors with Harvard University. We are currently seeking a senior research scientist with extensive experience in nanotechnology research and product commercialization. An advanced degree in Chemistry or Materials Science with a record of peer-reviewed publications and demonstrated past experience in commercialization is required. Applicants should have hands-on experience primarily in nanoscaled colorimetric sensors. A strong background in molecular chemical sensing is preferred. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated with demonstrated ability to carry out independent research projects.
- An advanced degree (MS, or Ph.D.) in materials science, physics, chemistry or related field with commensurate experience. Candidates should have a broad background in materials science, nanoscaled sensors, surface chemistry and optical sciences with skills and experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Molecular recognition technology
- Nanostructured materials
- Organic synthesis and purification, Polymer Science (synthesis and processing), stimuli-responsive polymers
- Micro and nanofabrication skills and hands-on equipment operating experience in clean room environment
- Experience in e-beam lithography, soft lithography and nanoimprint lithography
- Surface chemistry and molecularly imprinted polymers
- A strong track record of research productivity demonstrated by a strong publication record in high impact journals
- Demonstrated analytical and creative thinking. Ability to work independently or in a team environment to successfully plan and complete projects and solve research problems
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, startup environment with positive can-do attitude.
- Authorization to work in the US
- Availability to start no later than March 1st
Other Qualifications (preferred):
- Sol-gel process, self-assembly and surface modifications
- Analytical chemistry and optical spectroscopy (UV-Vis, fluorescence, chemiluminescence, photoluminescence, and Raman)
- Experience in the field of optics and color science
- Experience with food contact guidelines and preparation of Food Contact Notification in accordance with FDA regulations
- Experience with patent filing and research grant application
- Product development
- Previous work experience in startup environment
No travel is required. We offer competitive compensation and considerable growth opportunities for entrepreneurial, energetic and creative technical talent. If you're interested in potentially being a pivotal member of a well-funded, IP-abundant startup that is on the precipice of creating an entirely new industry that has the power to eradicate an insidious crime and potentially save lives, please apply.