Sr. Technology Applications Consultant
Senior Technology and Application Consultant (TAC) Remote - Field Position
Mettler-Toledo International, Inc. (NYSE: MTD), with over $2.6 billion in sales, is a world market leader for precision instruments. Mettler Toledo is rapidly expanding its presence in the field of drug discovery and development with its AutoChem Strategic Business Unit. AutoChem is a strategic, high profile business within Mettler Toledo. We provide integrated solutions to research scientists in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical industries. Our laboratory instruments enable scientists to reduce the time required to discover and develop new chemical compounds, allowing them to bring new products to market faster.
Our Applications Consultants are responsible for the technical applications support and development of various Mettler Toledo equipment. Specific focus is on providing elite technical consulting services to potential and existing customers in the pharmaceutical and hi-value chemicals markets that need advanced applications and product technical knowledge. You will assist the local account team with establishing strong peer based relationships with scientists and engineers, and ensuring sustainable growth of the business in the region.
- Global market strength and leadership in our industry
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
- Numerous patents, design and innovation awards
- Identify sales opportunities within your territory in the specified target market segments.
- Actively participate in the sales process including pre and post sales visits and working with the Account manager and eBusiness groups to develop opportunities to technical close.
- Develop strong application knowledge and serve as the recognized expert for process optimization and development.
- Create and present technical papers about applications at key industry seminars, conferences and symposiums.
- Develop strong technical product knowledge as well as a working knowledge of competitive and complementary technologies and solutions.
- Provide customer support and development to include on-site training, technical support and application feasibility studies and pre/post-sale support.
- Identify and develop application solutions that provide high value to the pharmaceutical and hi-value chemical markets.
- Direct the transfer of knowledge and data from application feasibility studies, industrial and academic applications and technical journals and publications to product management for development.
- Mentor and develop TACs as specified by your manger.
- A Master’s Degree in Science or Engineering required; Ph.D. preferred
- Five to eight (5 -8) years industry experience: chemist, chemical engineer or process development; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with various In-Situ Analytics technology including IR, UVVIS and Raman
- Experience in crystallization, process development, Process Analytical technology, pharmaceutical industry, specialty chemicals or industrial chemical manufacturing
- Experience with molecular spectroscopy, quantitative analysis/modeling
- An open and effective communication style, excellent public presentation skills, strong people skills, cross-organizational teamwork and the ability to interact with and influence the direction of key opinion leaders in the industry
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a cooperative team environment and focus on individual, time dependent projects with minimal direct supervision
- Analytical, creative and effective problem-solving skills
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong Customer Relationship Management Software experience, SAP preferred.
- A proven high degree of organizational skills, are self-motivated and display high energy.
- Strong execution orientation.
- The ability to travel up to 75%, both domestically and worldwide.
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement, access to a fitness facility
- And, all the usual such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
We are looking for the right candidate first and foremost. The geographical definition of the territory will be determined once the candidate is in place.
Apply Here: http://mtac.balancetrak.com/
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong. Learn more about us at www.mt.com/autochem.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.