Technical Service & Applications Development Specialist
This position will be part of the Global Polyethylene Application Group. For these roles, the successful candidate will join the Technical Service and Application Development group that supports all CPChem Polyethylene (PE) and Polypropylene (PP) products and applications. The candidate will assume responsibility for addressing customer technical questions/issues and for coordinating all activities relating to customer complaints resolution. In this capacity, the candidate must be a team player and will be required to interact closely with sales, marketing, QA/QC, Research & Technology and plant manufacturing groups and personnel to address customer concerns and determine corrective action for customer follow-up.
The candidate will also be required to assist with new application developments, new product/resin developments and participate in major industry forums and standards bodies. This position will be expected to develop solutions to technical and/or fundamental scientific problems where no precedence exists and where innovative approaches may be required.
The candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and will be expected to write detailed technical presentations/reports and maintain existing technical literature (technical data sheets, MSDS, brochures, etc.) current and up to date. The candidate will also be expected to provide technical training for internal and external customers and perform additional duties as assigned.
Travel in support of job responsibilities may be up to 25 % of the time on average, with periods of lighter or heavier travel based on business demands. This position will be located at the Phillips 66 Research Center just west of Bartlesville, Oklahoma, 74003-6670.
Typical responsibilities of this position may include:
- Be responsible for complaints resolution
- Provide trouble-shooting expertise to resolve customer product related issues
- Work with other parts of the organization to determine root cause of product issues
- Conduct field trials at customer locations and document the information in the Technical Service Contact Report
- Conduct in-house experimentation for trouble-shooting and/or resin/application development efforts
- Maintain customer and industry forums contacts and relationships
- Be a consultant to customers on resin selection and use
- Provide training to internal and external customers as requested
- Work with plants/licensees on manufacturing related technical issues
- Prepare written presentations/reports and oral presentations summarizing project results. May be occasionally called upon to present results to business management.
- Represent CPChem in industry forums and standards bodies as may be appropriate for that job function or area
- Support and recommend programs that relate to current/future business needs
- Plan, coordinate and participate in project activities of the team
- Participate in group safety program and activities
- Participate in personnel development and recruiting
- Lead/assist in developing new resins, resins specifications and/or new applications
- Lead joint plant/technology efforts to resolve operating problems or to scope a plant project
- Promote Safety and Operational Excellence
- Provide weekly updates and monthly reports
- Maintain resin property/performance database
- Execute resin evaluations & benchmarking (CPChem & competitors)
- Develop product literature
- Maintain customer contacts and relationships
- Coordinate testing for customers
- Complete data requests
The successful candidate will meet these requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required in any of the following fields Polymers/Plastics/Chemical Engineering/Materials Science/Engineering/Science or related technical fields, a M.S. or Ph.D. degree in any of the fields mentioned is considered a plus.
- Strong basic computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, data collection and basic data analysis.
- Direct work experience in the polymer/plastics field.
- Any industrial work experience in positions of Technical Service and/or Product Development and/or basic R&D.
- Experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas - single and/or twin-screw extrusion, pipe extrusion, cast and/or blown film extrusion, injection molding, blow molding, thermoforming, fiber extrusion, etc.
- Hands-on and theoretical knowledge and experience with polymer characterization methods/tools including thermal analysis (DSC, TGA, DMA, DMTA), rheology (dynamic, capillary), FTIR, NMR, TEM, SEM, etc.
- Experience and knowledge in polymer physical property testing, ASTM standards, etc.
- Good working knowledge and familiarity with Polyethylene and/or Polypropylene resins and products.
More searches like this
- Catalysts Technical Services Full time jobs in Bartlesville
- Engineering Technical Services Full time jobs in Bartlesville
- General / Technical Technical Services Full time jobs in Bartlesville
- Materials Technical Services Full time jobs in Bartlesville
- Petrochemicals Technical Services Full time jobs in Bartlesville