This Research Chemist role provides a career track for chemist that performs synthesis of a new drug molecule using acquired knowledge. Employees' responsibilities ranges from performing independently standardized experiments or new experiments. Ability to identify the new drug molecule synthesized using various analytical tools. This position will report directly to Vice President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing of most appropriate, economical and feasible synthetic routes for given target molecules.
- Setup reactions and synthesize compounds for the target molecules, knowledge of purification of compounds using various purification techniques. Ability to characterize purified compounds by interpreting spectral data
- Ensure all Lab safety rules are followed and day to day work is conducted in a safe manner
- Plan independently day to day work
- Submission of the pure characterized molecules to the database
- Ability to come up with a synthetic strategy for target molecules
- Seek advice and input, if needed, from supervisor or other resources on complex issues.
- Participate in weekly departmental drug discovery team meeting
- Good documentation of the experiments conducted on a daily basis.
- Ability to prepare technical reports on the work performed
- May provide technical guidance to laboratory or field personnel
- Plan and Independently setup experiments, purify and characterize the synthesized compounds
- Design schemes for synthesis of the target molecules
- Ability to provide solutions to existing problems and be a participant in the drug discovery team
- Responsible for day to day operation of discovery project
- Provide technical guidance to laboratory or field personnel
- Maintain proper documentation of the experiments conducted.
PhD degree in organic or medicinal chemistry with 2-5 years of experience in the same field of science, preferably in a Biotech industry setting.BioCryst is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veterans status, disability and/or other protected class characteristics. Additionally, BioCryst is committed to achieving its business objectives in compliance with all federal, state and local laws.