Manager, Analytical Chemistry Services Department
Kao Specialties Americas (KSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kao Corporation, Tokyo, Japan. Kao Corporation is a global company that develops, manufactures and markets personal hygiene, laundry, food, cosmetic, and specialty chemical products. The majority of the global product lines are based on surface-active agents or “surfactant” chemistries. KSA is a specialty chemicals manufacturing company with three major business segments (1) Oleo Chemicals, (2) Performance Chemicals and (3) Specialty Chemicals including Imaging Materials and Aroma Chemicals.
The facility is located in High Point, NC on approximately 60 acres. Kao Specialties Americas LLC conducts its daily operations in accordance with The Kao Way and principles of the Kao's Business Conduct Guidelines. Moreover, we support the commitment of the Kao Group to manufacture and market quality products while always embracing the corporate culture of Yoki-Monozukuri.
KSA is currently recruiting for a Manager, Analytical Chemistry Services Department. This is a challenging laboratory management position in a large chemical processing facility.
This position manages the Quality Control Department and the Analytical Services group. The Quality Control Department provides analytical services to manufacturing and is responsible for analyzing and approving all raw materials, intermediates and finished goods. The Analytical Services group is responsible for methods development and providing analytical services to the R&D and Sales groups.
Essential duties include:
- Staff and organize a quality control laboratory operating on a 24/7 basis
- Responsible for analytical methods development and instrumentation needs
- Manage a team of 10+ professionals
- Set departmental goals and targets, and interface with other technical departments on site
- Function as the primary point of contact with internal and external customers
- Lead, organize and continually improve all department and laboratory processes, procedures and administrative duties
- Responsibility for product quality, non-conforming product investigations and addressing non-conforming product utilizing the corrective and preventive action system.
- Manage the department to meet goals for productivity, financial objectives, capital expenses, etc.
- Responsibility for environmental compliance, and departmental safety programs.
Candidates for this position must have:
- Ph.D in Chemistry (organic or analytical chemistry preferred) with 5 yrs experience in chemical manufacturing laboratory
- Or MS in chemistry (organic or analytical chemistry preferred) with 10 yrs experience in chemical manufacturing laboratory
- Experience in applicable laboratory statistics, and quality systems desired
- Experience in managing teams required
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues with scientific laboratory equipment
- Experience in analytical chemistry is a plus
- Demonstrated experience writing and managing laboratory processes and procedures
- Demonstrated experience responding to internal and external customer requests,
- Well organized, with excellent people and communication skills
The ideal candidate would also have the following skills:
- Previous management of a scientific laboratory and personnel
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Knowledge of ISO9001-2015 certification requirements
KSA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to include medical, dental, life insurance, savings plan and pension. http://chemical.kao.com/us/
KSA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Apply for Manager, Analytical Chemistry Services Department
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly