Candidates must have experience with Applied Chemical Engineering tools and be able to Evaluate, select, develop and implements programs for product and process Characterization, continuous product and process improvements, equipment design, Specification and installation and implementation of Quality Systems.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Plans, schedules, conduct, or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work as part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice, but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Performs most assignments with instructions relating largely to the overall project objectives and limits.
- Consults with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments.
- May supervise or coordinate the work of engineers, chemists, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Performs product and process characterization.
- Ensures continuous improvements in products, processes, and systems.
- Responsible for design, specification, and justification of facilities.
- trains other employees on product, processes, and quality procedures.
- Initiates action to prevent occurrence of non-conformities.
Credentials and Education for Process Engineer
- PhD – Chemical Engineering (no specific area of research required)
- 3-5 Journal publications as the lead scientist (2-journal publications, if they heavily focus on modeling)
- Applied simulation or modeling to explain physical phenomena.
- TA (Teaching Assistant) for Thermodynamics or Kinetics, preferred.
- ASPEN Plus, ASPEN HYSYS experience, preferred
Application Process: To apply for this position please completes the online application. This position is open until filled. Screening will begin immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity - M/F/Disability/Veterans