Technical Marketing Manager - Construction Chemicals - 50812147
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
WACKER SILICONES is one of the world's leading silicone manufacturers with silicone-based system solutions with more than 3,000 different products - silicone fluids, rubbers and resins, silanes and pyrogenic silica. At our Adrian, MI site, we are currently looking for a Technical Marketing Manager - Construction Chemicals.
The Technical Marketing Manager - Construction Chemicals will manage and grow revenue and profitability for assigned group of application areas according to the strategy of the Construction Silicones Business Unit which are reflected in the individual MBOs. Particular focus is on Specialties Construction Chemicals applications where materials are applied during in-plant fabrication of construction products. This is accomplished by developing, planning and executing strategic, operational, market development activities
• Foster innovation by strategically driving product / technology development based on market and customer needs. Safe managing of an applications laboratory, developing sustainable customer solutions and securing intellectual priority rights
• Develop and execute the regional market strategies for Construction Chemicals used for In-plant Solution within the global framework, inclusive of a formal Market Development Plan (MDP)
• Drive the regional business development aligned with global guidelines and defined objectives of sales revenue, profitability, growth rate, etc.
• Executes the following strategic activities; conducts competitive analysis, coordinates and prioritizes opportunities, creates and maintains pricing strategies, leads market focus team meetings, supports BP5 creation, and supports or leads corporate projects
• A bachelor's degree in chemistry or materials science-related, experience with concrete and cementitious systems preferred
• Experience in Marketing required, esp. the 4 P's
• Experience in managing a laboratory environment
• B2B commercial experience 5+ years, within construction related industries is preferred, and ideally in construction chemicals
• Experience working in a team environment in a B2B enterprise is required
• Professional communication skills both written and oral as well as listening
• Interpersonal flexibility and versatility to work independently but also collaborate pro-actively within a matrix team organization
• Strong aptitude to learn and grow technical and job related knowledge
• Solid computer skills, SAP experience is preferred
• Works from corporate office/lab environment with travel required (up to 30%)
• High level of interpersonal and influential leadership skills (multi-cultural, multi-functional teams) are needed to be effective in this position
• Foreign language skills a plus (Spanish, German)
Sustainability is one of WACKER's corporate goals – also as an employer.We want you to remain productive, healthy and successful long term. Thatis why we offer, for example, comprehensive health management and a variety of advanced training programs and courses for individual development opportunities, alongside a good work-life balance. Naturally, we also have a fair compensation system and above-average social benefits. After all, social responsibility has a long tradition at WACKER.
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9pmsm599tsfgqbvw