Professor of Chemical Education
Professor of Chemical Education
School of Chemistry, Faculty of Science
Ref no. 2262/1117
About the opportunity
The School of Chemistry brings scientists together to solve some of the biggest challenges facing our world such as green chemistry, renewable energy and drug discovery, as well as delivering exceptional research in disciplinary fundamentals. This is a wonderful opportunity to join the University of Sydney – Australia’s first university – at an exciting and innovative time with the release of a new strategic direction, which will build upon our outstanding global reputation of educational and research excellence.
This exciting new position will work closely with the Head of School, Associate Head of School (Education) and the Chemistry Education Committee and within the general outlines of University, Faculty and School strategic directions. The appointee will provide high level academic and education leadership in the School of Chemistry to ensure excellence in teaching and learning, research and research training, and community engagement.
This role is responsible for:
- academic leadership in the School of Chemistry in teaching and learning, including curriculum development and educational innovation to facilitate student learning
- providing a role model for academic staff in promoting educational excellence and innovation
- mentoring staff to develop the provision of a distinct educational offer across the school through the implementation of scholarly approaches to create a world-class curriculum
- the design of new initiatives, including the development and application of ICT and novel learning technologies, to enhance student engagement and experience
- equipping our students with the transferrable skills required to excel in the 21st century workplace and to remain amongst the most employable worldwide
- enabling our incoming students to thrive in their studies by ensuring a smooth transition from school to university.
The successful candidate must be innovative, creative and committed to enhancing education within the School of Chemistry. The appointee will have an outstanding track record in the areas of teaching and innovation, research in chemical education, and external engagement.
Term and remuneration
The position is full-time continuing, subject to completion of a satisfactory probation and confirmation period for new appointees. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
How to apply
For more information on the position, faculty and University, please view the candidate brochure available on the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2262/1117 for more information and to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm (AEST) 15 April 2018
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people who identify as LGBTIQ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
© The University of Sydney