Assistant Professor Chemistry
Tenure-track faculty position in chemistry with emphasis on environmental chemistry at Eastern Oregon University. This is a full-time, nine-month tenure-track position at the rank of assistant professor in Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry in the College of Science, Technology, Mathematics and Health Sciences.
• Candidates should demonstrate a willingness to engage in high impact teaching, active scholarship, collaboration, and outreach to the community. EOU is particularly interested in applicants who want to mentor and actively assist our students in reaching their professional goals.
• Appointment begins September 16, 2018.
• Teaching the introductory chemistry sequence for majors and/or non-majors, environmental chemistry, as well as other upper and lower-division courses in the candidate’s areas of expertise. Tenure track faculty are responsible for teaching 36 load hours per academic year.
• Candidates should be dynamic and innovative teachers who can also contribute to the program’s strengths in undergraduate research. An active ACSStudent Chapter is in place at EOU and the successful candidate, in concert with the other chemistry faculty, is expected to support this activity.
• The successful candidate will have a commitment to collegial collaboration within a small program, and will participate in academic advising, campus committees, curriculum development, and community outreach.
• A Ph.D. in Chemistry from an accredited institution and possession of expertise in environmental chemistry or related disciplines; however, candidates nearing completion of their doctorate (ABD) with degree expected prior to September 2018 will be considered.
•Commitment to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level is required.
•Valid work authorization documents are required.
•Must satisfactorily complete background check