Research Associate B
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
Research Associate B
Thayer School of Engineering
To conduct research of aspects of multiple projects or to run the research laboratory while engaged in academic/intellectual endeavors.
Skills & Knowledge
• Expertise in modeling and design of quantum well/quantum dot structures, plasmonic devices, and nanophotonic devices.
• Skills in first-principle treatment of semiconductor nanostructures is a plus.
• Understand microfabrication and be able to work with experts to design masks and process flow for device fabrication.
• Experiences with optoelectronic device testing
• Four years of relevant research experience.
• PhD or ScD with a major in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or Physics
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Department Contact for Cover Letter
Professor Jifeng Liu
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Prof. Jifeng Liu is looking for a Postdoctoral Associate candidate for an incoming project on novel III -V quantum well photonic modulator design and testing. The aim is to achieve ultrafast and energy efficient modulators for data center applications. The candidate should satisfy the requirements in the table below. The candidate is expected to conduct independent and creative research and contribute significantly to the project, as well as guiding graduate students in their research and learning process. The expected start date is Oct. 1, 2017.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/nkng88g2w7t6b9zp