Scientist I/II, Research Mass Spectrometry - Assay Development
Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products — Imbruvica®, Venclexta™, and Empliciti™ — and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in nearly 200 clinical trials in 19 different types of cancer.
AbbVie is expanding its oncology hub on the West Coast, with three sites in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, South San Francisco, and Sunnyvale) focused on the discovery and development of novel oncology therapies. More than 1,000 AbbVie scientists, clinicians, and product developers with strong entrepreneurial roots work across these three sites. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. This position will be based at Stemcentrx, AbbVie's South San Francisco, CA location.
Located in South San Francisco, Stemcentrx is embracing new paradigms and technologies to develop novel and life-changing therapies for cancer. We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic teammate to operate in a LC/MS-based quantitative bioanalytical role to support research and development projects.
The successful candidate will be in a fast paced, dynamic environment with minimal supervision and will design, plan, and independently conduct a wide range of LC/MS based bioanalytical assays to support fit for purpose studies in research and development. The candidate will be responsible for sample preparation, method development, quantitative LC/MS bioanalysis of small molecules (metabolites/catabolites), data analysis, writing reports, and presenting data at internal meetings.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Develop methods and analytical workflows to support small molecule toxins and linker-drugs characterization for antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) discovery using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), and mass spectrometry (MS).
* Develop sample preparation methods for plasma extraction of small molecule toxins as well as ADCs using automation platform.
* Perform quantitative LC-MS/MS of small molecule from various bio-matrices in-vitro and in-vivo to support exploratory toxicology, PK/PD, ADME, and efficacy studies.
* Identify drug impurities, degradants, and metabolites using LC-MSMS.
* Support the troubleshooting of LC-MS instrumentation issues and perform routine maintenance of both MS and LC equipment.
* Work closely with multiple teams in research/process development/chemistry and provide analytical support as needed.
* Assist in method pre-validation and transfer to GLP lab.
* Maintain excellent documentation of all work including lab notebooks, test methods and protocols.
* Present results and experimental information in team meetings.
* B.S/M.S in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related fields with 5+ years of industrial or academic experience, 2+ years of experience with M.S.
* Experience with quantitative bioanalysis of small molecules is required.
* Experience using Automation- platforms is preferred.
* Hands on experience using Triple Quad MS is required.
* Experience using Sciex software- Analyst and Multiquan is required.
* A good understanding and working knowledge of various analytical methods for small molecule and large molecule.
* Able to work independently or under minimal supervision to design and conduct experiments, as well as interpret, document, and communicate results.
* Willing to work effectively with others in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and the ability to self-motivate, multitask, meet frequently tight deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled