R&D Ink Chemist
This is a R&D chemist position in HP’s imaging and printing business. The work will be focused on development of new colorants, inks, ink components, and media coatings that provide industry-leading performance for HP’s inkjet products.
- Development of colorants and ink formulations that enable industry-leading advantages for HP's inkjet products. Development of models and analytical procedures that further the understanding and performance of HP's ink and media interactions.
- Interaction with external suppliers in the pursuit of colorants or other technologies that may be acquired for use by HP. When appropriate, interaction with external ink and colorant manufacturers to scale-up and qualify inks and/or colorants.
- Close participation with printer and media groups to ensure that a complete system solution is achieved. Communication of your work at periodic and required intervals and at the appropriate forums (staff meetings, reviews, etc...). Travel, as needed, to partner media and printer divisions, external suppliers, and conference/trade-shows.
HP is the leader in Inkjet Technology. We work to maintain this position while adding new technologies and innovative products to our portfolio. In the Ink Jet Product Lab, we develop ink and writing systems for various markets. Our focus is on providing advanced innovative solutions to our partners and customers.
You will work with other members of our Ink Design teams to drive new technology development, implementing new designs and innovating next generation printing technologies for our partners and customers.
The successful candidate will have a BS or higher degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, and a strong technical background. Interdisciplinary work a plus.
Candidates having education, thesis work, or job experience in the following areas are of particular interest: Formulation, characterization of submicron particle systems and particle interactions at the nano-scale, pigment chemistry, film-forming mechanisms and characterization, and/or knowledge in color science.
Required Skills DocuSign Envelope ID: AACDE1EE-BFA6-421F-AED1-534EC77100D8
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills.
- The ability to work effectively with internal and external partners world-wide.
- Track record of innovation and independent development.
- Must be able to show a PERMANENT legal right to work in the US
Candidates apply directly: https://hp.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/ExternalCareerSite/job/Corvallis-Oregon-United-States-of-America/Chemist-Research---Development-New-Ink-Development_3014228-2