Seaborg Institute Actinide Solution Chemistry Postdoctoral Research Associate
The Glenn T. Seaborg Institute at Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is seeking a well-qualified postdoctoral associate in the areas of fundamental and applied radiochemistry and materials science or comparable discipline. You will focus on variations in the coordination chemistry of actinide and lanthanide ions in solution. Studies will delineate the existence of novel f-element coordination with complexing agents using optical absorption, luminescence, and nuclear magnetic resonance. This effort may also include detailed thermodynamic studies of the coordinated complexes.
We seek highly motivated individual with experience in solution chemistry and varied spectroscopic techniques including optical absorption, luminescence, and nuclear magnetic resonance.
• Ph.D. in radiochemistry or Ph.D. in Chemistry with radiochemical expertise.
• Ph.D. requirements must be completed by commencement of appointment and within the previous 5 years.
• Demonstrated oral and published written communication skills (in English) and the ability to work independently, creatively, and as part of a team.
• Experience in writing and publishing in high impact scientific journals.
• Possess a Ph.D. from a prestigious institution in their field of study.
In addition to completing the online application, please submit a detailed cover letter and CV with publication list, plus two letters of reference to the online application. Letters of reference can also be emailed directly to email@example.com