Senior Analytical Chemist
The Senior Analytical Chemist will provide technical support and leadership to multiple project teams. The Senior Analytical Chemist will evaluate and interpret analytical results, develop, validate and transfer analytical methods for APIs, API intermediates and raw materials. Strict compliance with cGMP guidelines is required to perform most job tasks.
- With minimal supervision, safely and effectively develop, establish, and validate analytical testing methodologies used to control raw materials, production intermediates, and final products.
- Investigate and solve analytical technical issues within Analytical Development, Chemical Development, Process Support Group and Quality Control.
- Perform analytical chemistry assays based on new and existing methodologies
- Operate analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, GC/MS, FTIR, Titrator, Particle Size Analyzer
- Write technical reports to document analytical methods
- Maintain laboratory notebooks documenting work
- Maintain compliance with GMP SOPs and DEA regulations
- Transfer documented analytical methods to the QC and Process Support Group departments
- Set up new or existing analytical methods for compound identification, purity and potency testing.
- Coordinate off-site testing as necessary
- Conduct testing of analytical samples for the Chemical Development Department as necessary.
- Qualify reference materials.
- Advanced Chemistry degree desired, with a PhD preferred
- Minimum BS degree in Chemistry or closely related field required, with 3+ years of experience in manufacturing support laboratory
- Experience with dissolution and chemosensory testing highly desired
- Familiarity with compliance requirements within cGMP, safety and regulatory environments
- Operational knowledge of analytical instrumentation like HPLC, GC, GC-MS, FTIR, UV-VIS equipment, and data stations required
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including word processing, spreadsheets, structural drawings, and databases preferably in a Windows environment
- The ability to solve extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables
- Ability to work in a highly independent and self-directed work environment.
Cambrex Charles City offers an extraordinary opportunity, a competitive salary, and an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision care and prescription, life, LTD, STD; 401(k) with employer match; tuition reimbursement; and the ‘Arthur I. Mendolia Scholarship Program.’ Relocation assistance will be offered for this position. Post offer physical and drug screen are required. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources, Cambrex Charles City, Inc.: online: www.cambrex.com.
If you’re looking for a dynamic career move, look no further.
Cambrex is an innovative life sciences company with a refreshingly human approach. Driven by passion, our pharmaceutical products, expertise and technologies are accelerating small molecule therapeutics into the market to help businesses grow.
- We are tried and trusted across branded and generic API markets
- We put all of our energy and experience into being a partner of choice
- Our people are the experts customers enjoy working with
Headquartered in East Rutherford, New Jersey, Cambrex supports its customers worldwide with a network of API R&D and cGMP manufacturing facilities across the US and Europe.
As the number one contract manufacturing organization (CMO) for small molecule APIs in the USA and one of the fastest growing CMOs in Europe, we are leading the way in terms of small molecule API development and manufacturing. Not only that, our passionate people love what they do and always go the extra mile for our customers
Create a better world at Cambrex
Known for our manufacturing excellence, experience and innovative science, we offer a range of career opportunities across our global network of locations. As a team, we share one goal – to improve quality of life for our customers’ patients across the world.
Cambrex Charles City, Inc. is a subsidiary of Cambrex and develops and manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients, fine chemicals and pharmaceutical intermediates for a wide range of applications.
Find out more about life at Cambrex
Watch our video: Meet the Cambrex experts
Thank you for your interest in Cambrex Charles City!
Agencies should not forward resumes to Cambrex through this source. Please visit www.cambrex.com to become a preferred vendor and submit a Request for Proposal (RFP) online for consideration. Cambrex will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.