At CAS, a division of the American Chemical Society, we are scientists, technologists and business leaders who continuously and passionately pursue new knowledge in our quest to fuel scientific discovery and empower innovation.
Dedicated to the ACS vision of improving people’s lives through the transforming power of chemistry, the CAS team of highly trained scientists finds, collects and organizes all publicly disclosed substance information, creating the world’s most reliable collection of content that is vital to innovation worldwide. CAS provides a suite of solutions relied on by researchers, patent professionals and decision-makers around the world that advance the scientific enterprise by enabling discovery and facilitating workflows.
CAS is currently seeking an Information Scientist. This position will be located in our headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related science.
- Experience working as part of a team to accomplish a shared goal.
- Good organizational, reading comprehension, problem solving, self-management, and communication skills.
- Ability to comprehensively read scientific documents written in Chinese and English.
- Analyze chemical patent literature and extract chemical structure information for inclusion in the MARPAT database.
- Specific responsibilities include reviewing patent literature written in Chinese and English, extracting relevant data, and creating structure searchable online content.
- Participate as part of a team focused on achieving team goals.
- Develop an understanding of work priorities and quality expectations.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills are required.
CAS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including a generous vacation plan, medical, dental, vision insurance plans, and employee savings and retirement plans. Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future. EEO/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran