What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
The successful candidate will provide product and pesticide formulation support to solve customer problems. This role is responsible for providing field trial support, troubleshooting, and formulation development with existing or new dispersants, emulsifiers or antifoams. You will visit customers throughout the Americas regions and present portfolio to engage new business opportunities. The individual will be responsible for producing technical reports, and customer presentations. He or she will also be involved in product selection and new product qualifications.
- Ph.D. in chemistry or related field
- 5+ years in industry preferably in formulation development for pesticide active ingredients; colloidal chemistry and interfacial science experience desired
- Knowledge of surfactants, siloxanes, and adjuvants a definite plus
- Must have basic knowledge of organic chemistry
- Must be well acquainted with proper laboratory notebook practices
- Must have the basic understanding of EHS policies and standards
- Fluency in Spanish advantageous
- Plan and perform regular formulation development and evaluation
- Interact with synthesis group members to create new molecules for laboratory evaluations
- Issue report summaries for I2P projects and non-ordinary project progress
- Work with salespeople to obtain customer formulants and competitive standards
Your application: To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 104946
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.