Research Associate B
Position Number: 1125892
Department: Thayer School
Employment Category: Regular Full Time
This position is funded by a grant. Continuation is based upon available funds.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Experienced, motivated analytical chemist wanted for bioanalytical position. The project involves the use of comprehensive chromatography (e.g., GCxGC-tofMS) as well as GC-MS to do targeted and untargeted analyte optimization and quantification. The project ultimately aims to develop diagnostics for infectious diseases. A working knowledge of statistics is desired and an interest in microbiology or infectious diseases would round out a competitive applicant. PhD-level or equivalent experience. Successful candidates will join an active, ambitious, and dynamic community within the research lab group and also through on campus, national, and international collaborators. There will be opportunities to present, publish, and receive mentorship in preparation for the next steps of your career. Funding is provided by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Skills & Knowledge:
The primary focus for the applicant will be in the application of two-dimensional gas chromatography mass spectrometry of biological samples. Expertise in at least GC-MS is essential. Manuscript writing experience is also essential.
• Ability to design and conduct analytical chemistry experiments independently
• Ability to do careful sample preparation and sample handling
• Ability to interpret results, problem solve and adjust strategy
• Fluent use of analytical software (ChromaTOF, if possible)
• Statistical interpretation of raw data
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with a team
• A high interest in microbiological diagnostic systems
• A high interest in learning advanced statistical skills
• Experience asking hypothesis-driven questions in an infectious diseases context
• Microbiological experience
• Use of statistical software or Matlab and/or programming skills (e.g., R, Python)
-Expertise in at least GC-MS.
-Experience asking hypothesis-driven questions in an infectious diseases context
-Use of statistical software or Matlab and/or programming skills (e.g., R, Python)
Ph.D. in analytical chemistry or equivalent.
For additional information and to apply, please visit http://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/44795
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/sd8bv7dqv2thftkz