Chemist - Coatings - 50840089
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
WACKER POLYMERS is a leading producer of state-of-the-art binders and polymeric additives based on polyvinyl acetate and vinyl acetate copolymers. These take the form of dispersible polymer powders, dispersions, solid resins, and solutions. They are used in construction chemicals, paints, surface coatings, adhesives and nonwovens, and in fiber composites and polymeric materials based on renewable resources. At our Allentown, PA site, we are currently looking for a Coatings Chemist
This position is responsible to support the technology projects and the business plans of the NCA Coatings Applications Development and Technical Service group. This position will focus on meeting customer needs by providing innovative solutions and grow a profitable and productive business.
• Applications development and technical service in support of coatings activities within the consumer and industrial polymers business teams.
• Responsibilities includes all batch making,ASTM testing, data collection, analysis and reporting the results internally as well as externally with customers.
• Participate in new product development for coatings activities within the consumer and industrial polymers business team.
• May include directly managing projects in new product development process which involves working directly with R&D and being able to effectively communicate and influence throughout the organization.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum 7 years of related experience required
• Waterborne formulating experience with a preference for the coatings industry
• Hands-on laboratory experience with an innovative mentality to develop new products and new test methods when necessary
• Interacting and communicating both internally and externally
• Experience working independently to get the job done
• Communication skills
• Project and Time management skills
• Knowledge of lab safety skills and processes
Sustainability is one of WACKER's corporate goals – also as an employer.We want you to remain productive, healthy and successful long term. Thatis why we offer, for example, comprehensive health management and a variety of advanced training programs and courses for individual development opportunities, alongside a good work-life balance. Naturally, we also have a fair compensation system and above-average social benefits. After all, social responsibility has a long tradition at WACKER.
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8d2qn5pdx8s7zydz