Manager Analytical Chemistry - 50832839
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
WACKER SILICONES is one of the world's leading silicone manufacturers with silicone-based system solutions with more than 3,000 different products - silicone fluids, rubbers and resins, silanes and pyrogenic silica. At our Ann, Arbor, MI, Research and Development Center, we are currently looking for a Manager,Analytical Chemistry.
The purpose of this position is to lead the WACKER Chemical Corporation's North & Central America analytical team. The analytical team is responsible for supporting R&D, technical marketing, and process chemistry teams primarily for silicone based products and technologies.
The Manager – Analytical Chemistry will utilize strong technical expertise and leadership skills to deliver analytical excellence in a broad range of standard and advanced analytical techniques to internal customers. This will include the management of broad non-routine analytical requests, as well as the participation in research and development projects from idea conception through product commercialization, in dynamic and cross-functional teams.
• Provide leadership and technical direction for analytical team to prioritize and meet the technical needs of internal clients - R&D, technical marketing, and process chemistry.
• Solve analytical challenges by consulting and guiding technical clients from R&D, technical marketing and process chemistry
• Review, evaluate, and interpret analytical data, reports, and manuscripts of analytical team
• Develop, qualify, and validate new analytical methods and transfer methods from other WACKER sites
• Maintain, adjust, and grow the technical capabilities of the analytical organization to meet the client's current and future needs and to keep state-of-art analytical capabilities, including maintenance, budgeting and procurement of instrumentation
• Initiate and conduct continuous improvement initiatives to reduce cost, improve quality and enhance the contribution of the analytical team
• Collaborate with WACKER's global analytical organization to further expand analytical service capabilities
• Guide in collaborating with external analytical labs.
• Education: M.S. in Analytical chemistry or related disciplines required, Ph.D. preferred.
• Experience : Ph.D with minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in industry or MS degree with 7 or more years of relevant experience in industry is required
• Strong leadership and project management skills; management or supervisor experience in a laboratory setting for at least 3 years
• Extensive knowledge and experience with using analytical tools including GC, DSC, GC/MS, NMR, HPLC, FTIR, ICP, GPC, SEC, AA, XRF; including calibration and instrument maintenance
• Expertise in development and validation of analytical methods for analysis of small molecules, polymers, and surfaces
• Considerable knowledge of laboratory safety policies and practices
• Knowledge of budgeting and accounting practices, cost control, and project management
• Excellent organization and skills, sufficient to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Must be able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Knowledge of silicone chemistry, understanding of statistical tools such as DoE is a plus
• Strong oral and written communication skills required.
• Ability to creatively problem solving, lead investigations and decision making skills are required.
Sustainability is one of WACKER's corporate goals – also as an employer.We want you to remain productive, healthy and successful long term. Thatis why we offer, for example, comprehensive health management and a variety of advanced training programs and courses for individual development opportunities, alongside a good work-life balance. Naturally, we also have a fair compensation system and above-average social benefits. After all, social responsibility has a long tradition at WACKER.
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/c9kmhm362dmrtff9