We are currently seeking a highly qualified Materials Scientist to join our Analytical Sciences Department in Richmond, VA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for analytical testing and reporting on the properties of materials, processes and products for the Altria family of companies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the execution of tests and evaluation plans using basic scientific/technical/innovation principles and techniques
- Recommending technical alternatives and designs/design improvements
- Performing materials analysis on a wide range of sample types utilizing multiple techniques and instrumentation
- Maintaining and managing the appropriate documentation for Analytical Sciences to be compliant with Quality Systems and Records Management policies
- Providing support to category leaders, senior scientists, product developers and factory personnel to achieve department and company initiatives
- Working independently on the development of new procedures around novel products, processes, or materials
- Participating in internal and external scientific meetings to maintain and expand scientific expertise
- Participating on cross-functional teams representing Analytical Sciences
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or closely related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an analytical testing laboratory including compliance with a documented quality system
- Demonstrated experience with Materials Science theory and analysis techniques such as Thermo-Gravimetric Analysis, Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Rheometry, Electrochemistry, Microscopy, Particle Size Analysis
- Ability to work independently and in a project oriented team environment
- Excellent attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies' brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country's top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria's mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
We recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://altria.contacthr.com/62535737.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: