Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Promega Biosciences in San Luis Obispo is looking for a nanoparticle chemist to focus on the development of continuous flow technologies used to make coated inorganic particles (preferably gold nanoparticles) in support of rapidly changing applications critical to modern needs in the life science research community. The primary focus will be on the discovery and development of novel spherical particles, nano rods, nano cages and possibly core-shell gold nanoparticle synthesis with either silica or polymer shells combined with the development of continuous flow manufacturing technics. This position will function in a multidiscipline team that includes chemistry, biology, and engineering divisions and focus on brining innovative nanoparticle products to the life science market. This person will be in position to drastically change the face of molecular biology research through co-innovation applications enabled by their expertise.
- Ph.D. in a related scientific discipline (chemistry, chemical engineering, materials and etc.)
- 0-5 years experience
- Strong continuous flow technics and strong particle synthesis skills along with a mastery of analytical techniques and data analysis (AFM/TEM/SEM, XRD, TGA, XPS).
- Strong skills in emotionally intelligent social interaction and communications.
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, productivity, publication, scientific creativity, collaboration, and independent thought.
- Thorough knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
- Ability to work in teams of particle chemists, organic chemists, molecular biologists, and engineers.
In conjunction with team goals, identify, synthesize and characterize nanoparticles most valuable to the molecular biology scientific research community. Develop continuous flow particle synthesis technics Coordinate with engineers to communicate innovative synthesis equipment needs. Maintain accurate research and analytical documentation. May conduct educational seminars to advance technical and theoretical competence. Conduct appropriate interpretive literature reviews. Present oral and written interpretations to the Promega’s scientific team and outside collaborators in order to prioritize future projects.
Writing: High level, e.g., monthly reports, research summaries. Math: Fully competent in arithmetic, algebra and basic statistical analysis. Attention to detail: Capable of executing complex experimental protocols with accuracy and consistency. Requires good organizational skills. Repetition: Capable of accurately reproducing experimental results from established protocols. Other essential skills: Decision‑making, perception and analysis, comprehension and memorization.
- Corrected vision for near (within 20 cm) and far (greater than 3 m) activities.
- Ability to speak clearly and simply.
- Good hand, arm and finger dexterity.
- Laboratory work requires some walking, lifting, pushing, puffing, kneeling, stooping, bending, sitting, squatting, standing, carrying of up to 20 pounds, and transiting stair
- Promega Biosciences, located in San Luis Obispo, blends innovative research in chemistry with excellence in manufacturing to meet the rapidly changing needs of the scientific community. We synthesize and manufacture essential reagents to help Promega succeed as a life science leader.
Our areas of expertise include synthesis, process design and scale-up, and commercial manufacturing (grams to kilograms) of modified luciferins and coelenterazines. These pro-bioluminescent products aid in life science research. We bring pride, passion, and purpose to our work and the products we provide.
Promega Biosciences offers its employees a work environment that encourages creativity, work-life balance, and personal and professional growth. We support community involvement and are committed to being good stewards and reducing our impact on the environment. Promega fosters a positive, fun, and warm family culture. To learn more about our values, please visit our Corporate Responsibility website.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including comprehensive medical insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k matching, company-paid life insurance, time-off benefits, and more.
Our San Luis Obispo facility is at the heart of California’s beautiful central coast. San Luis Obispo is a destination for wine aficionados, nature lovers, and pleasure-seekers alike. You might enjoy views of the Pacific Ocean from one of our scenic Nine Sisters, a chain of volcanic peaks that run along the coast. Or, spend a day gallivanting around the many wineries, local boutiques, and renowned restaurants in the area. Proclaimed as the “happiest town in the USA”, our community provides a rich and rewarding place to live and play. To learn more about San Luis Obispo, check out the VisitSLO website.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
More searches like this
- Biochemical Research-Basic Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in San Luis Obispo
- Inorganic Research-Basic Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in San Luis Obispo
- Materials Research-Basic Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in San Luis Obispo
- Nanotechnology Research-Basic Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in San Luis Obispo
- Organic Research-Basic Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in San Luis Obispo