Project Engineer – Precision Electronics Business* ∞ (Indianapolis, IN)
Aearo Technologies LLC, a 3M Company, is seeking a Project Engineer for the Precision Electronics Business located in Indianapolis, IN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
The person hired for the position of Project Engineer will lead the application engineering efforts in support of automotive applications. The candidate would have a strong background in mechanical engineering with a working understanding of elastomeric solutions for designs in electronics/ automotive applications. This position will drive the business, lab, and marketing support groups to facilitate the automotive electrifications market/ applications needs. The candidate must have the ability to penetrate new applications, expand presence in the account and close business through satisfying the customers application needs in the creation workable designs, supply chains and competitive value.
The Project Engineer will coordinate critical communications between Customer Service, Materials Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Scheduling, Marketing and Executive Management. The Project Engineer will provide critical support to customers and facilitate engagement with Operations, Customer Service, and the Business Development Team to create sales for the business.
Aearo Technologies LLC, “Aearo,” is a wholly owned 3M company specializing in Noise, Vibration, Harshness and Thermal management. Aearo is a full solution company, with material design (E-A-R™), modeling, verification and validation testing, application engineering and complete part/kit manufacturing operations serving the Aerospace, Defense, Industrial, Automotive, Commercial Vehicle and Electronics industries. Aearo is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.
For additional about 3M please visit: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Engaging of global OEM customers to position us in bench to bench engagements early in the design cycle.
- Replicate the current applications wins at other major OEM targets
- Support the corporations global selling organization technically, with training and account support
- Develop appropriate supporting specification sheets, literature demos and trade show displays with the support of marketing communications
- Expand our presence in Automotive platforms by innovating new solution sets utilizing our portfolio of materials to solve shock, vibration and acoustic challenges
- Integrate our materials scientists into applications where modification or newly developed material formulations could drive additional sales.
- Work directly with our Manufacturing engineering team to transfer designs to production
- Support application on 3 continents with the ability to travel and work a flexible schedule supporting various time zones
- This position will support many global teams that are across many different countries and 3M businesses. The candidate must have the ability to interact well with many different cultures.
- Good mechanical analytical skills that enable the candidate to quantify cause, effect and solution sets using elastomeric materials.
- Presentation skills that support large customer events, internal training sessions and technical paper presentations.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in mechanical engineering or materials science in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor’s degree with engineering or materials focus
- Experience in the Automotive Industry
- Experience designing products using elastomeric materials
- Thorough understanding of laboratory equipment used for shock, vibration and acoustic analysis
- A sense of urgency
- Experience designing custom engineered solutions
- Experience coordinating order fulfillment from remote factories
- Successful track record managing many projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Can work independently and work under pressure
- Must be a good team player and a person of integrity
- Successful track record collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel globally
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Travel: May include up to 60% domestic/international
Relocation Benefits: Are authorized for this position
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.