Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS) is the only institution in Québec (Canada) dedicated exclusively to graduate level university research and training. The influence of our faculty and students extends around the world. In partnership with the community and with industry, we are proud to contribute to the development of society through our discoveries and through the training we provide to a new generation of scientific, social, and technological innovators. INRS would like to fill a new faculty position. The successful candidate will collaborate with the multidisciplinary research program at the INRS Énergie Matériaux Télécommunications Research Centre by contributing recognized expertise in theoretical and computational materials science, physics or chemistry.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop research program closely linked to the major research themes of the center, namely, photonics (including integrated / quantum optics, ultrafast photonics and laser-matter interaction), materials for specific applications and sustainable energy systems. The candidate’s research plan should be at the forefront of advanced materials, nanotechnology, photonics or electrochemical devices for energy conversion and storage, ideally linking conceptually at least two of these sectors. The ability for the candidate to integrate his/her research program with these research themes is an important element in the evaluation.
• Secure external funding from a variety of funding agencies, both provincial and federal, also involving various partners from the public and private sectors whenever needed / pertinent.
• Participate in teaching and training at the graduate level (both M.Sc. and Ph.D. students), as well as supervising post-doctoral fellows and research personnel.
• Doctorate in theoretical physics, chemistry, materials science or related fields;
• Relevant postdoctoral research experience would be an asset;
• Strong scientific publishing record illustrating leadership and innovation;
• Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and networks as well as in collaboration with representatives of various agencies;
• Aptitude for basic and applied research, as well as multidisciplinary teaching and mentoring at the masters and doctorate levels;
• Entrepreneurial qualities and demonstrated ability to secure external research funding;
• Preference will be given to junior candidates. However, exceptional senior candidates may also be considered.
• French is the working language of the Institute. Fluency in English is required. Candidates whose native language is not French are encouraged to apply. The Centre will provide them with all the resources necessary to facilitate their learning of the French language.
Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS) Centre Énergie Matériaux Télécommunications 1650, boulevard Lionel-Boulet, Varennes (Québec) J3X 1S2 CANADA Varennes is located on the South Shore of Montreal.
In accordance with the collective agreement in effect at INRS.
HOW TO APPLY Interested applicants should send their application including a complete curriculum vitæ, a copy of their three most significant publications, a two to three page summary of their research interests, a statement of teaching experience and philosophy, and the names and contact information of three referees, before September 1st, 2018 indicating the position number AP 18-04 to: Director
Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS)
Centre Énergie Matériaux Télécommunications 1650, boulevard Lionel-Boulet, Varennes (Québec) J3X 1S2 CANADA email@example.com
Apply for Professor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly