Postdoctoral Associate in Synthetic Medicinal Chemistry
Two postdoc positions in synthetic medicinal chemistry are immediately available in the Wang group at the Center for Drug Design, University of Minnesota.
- Design and execute multi-step synthetic routes for the preparation of small molecule inhibitors against various viral and/or cellular protein targets.
- Sufficiently characterize final compounds and intermediates as required.
- Properly collect, interpret and manage research data.
- Carry out literature searches relevant to the research topic, identify problems related to the research and recommend solutions.
- Conduct careful experiments in compliance with established safety regulations.
- Keep good research records and produce well written and accurate reports.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and fulfill lab duties assigned.
- Participate in research discussions with members of the research teams in a highly collaborative research environment.
Interested candidates should submit via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) an application package consisting of cover letter, CV, research summary and a list of three references. All files should be prepared in PDF and the email subject line should be "Postdoc".
All applicants must have a PhD in synthetic medicinal / organic chemistry, or related areas, with extensive experience in organic synthesis and good working knowledge on analytical methods.
Skills in molecular modeling for structure and ligand-based small molecule inhibitor design and experience in heterocyclic chemistry are preferred. New PhD graduates are encouraged to apply.