Faculty - Medicinal Chemistry
Faculty of Medicinal Chemistry contribute to departmental teaching and mentoring activities in the professional PharmD and graduate programs; conduct scholarly research and participate in service activities of the Department, School and University.
- Teach (didactic required, elective and laboratory) topics in medicinal chemistry (primary) and pharmacology/physiology/toxicology (as needed) in the professional PharmD and graduate programs offered by the Department and School of Pharmacy
- Conduct scholarly and publishable peer-reviewed research in area of expertise, preferably complementing departmental research strengths
- Mentor and advise the professional PharmD students; mentor and advise graduate students in their thesis/dissertation research
- Hold regular office hours for professional PharmD and graduate students
- Attend and participate in graduate student seminar activities
- Serve as a member of Departmental/School/University committees, as assigned
- Maintain advanced knowledge in discipline and area of expertise
- Attend Departmental, School and University functions
Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor.
Rank is commensurate with education and experience.
- PhD in Medicinal Chemistry / Chemical Biology / Bio-Organic or related chemistry field (post-doctoral experience preferred)
- Strong evidence of a commitment to teaching, scholarship with excellent communication, time management, organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to conduct independent research and work as a member of a team
- Peer-reviewed published research in area of expertise.
- Teaching in a pharmacy / health science school preferred
MCPHS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a substantial health/dental insurance subsidy, generous holiday/vacation policy, and a significant pension plan contribution.
To apply, please visit www.mcphs.edu Attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae. No phone calls, please. Principals only. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who would enrich the University’s diversity are welcome to apply.