Faculty - Medicinal Chemistry
For nearly 200 years, MCPHS University, formerly known as Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, has been at the forefront of innovation in the healthcare world. We take pride in our history, yet are motivated by a curiosity about the future. That’s why we are constantly updating our state-of-the-art labs, innovating our curriculums, and adding programs to coincide with the needs of an ever-changing healthcare landscape.
Faculty and staff continue to bring their talents and skills to MCPHS University to contribute to our mission of guiding and supporting students toward successful and sustainable careers in healthcare. Whatever position an employee holds, their efforts make an important impact on the overall quality of campus life. Employees are an integral part of a community that is proud of its heritage and the accomplishments that make MCPHS University a first-class educational institution.
Faculty of Medicinal Chemistry contribute to departmental teaching and mentoring activities in the PharmD, BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences and graduate programs, conduct scholarly research and participate in service activities of the Department, School and University.
- Teach (didactic and laboratory) topics in medicinal, organic, bio-organic and biochemistry in the undergraduate, professional PharmD and graduate programs offered by the School of Pharmacy
- Conduct scholarly and peer-reviewed research in area of expertise, preferably complementing departmental research strengths
- Mentor and advise undergraduate / graduate students in their directed study / honors/ thesis / dissertation research
- Hold regular weekly office hours for students
- Attend and participate in graduate student seminar activities
- Serve as a member of Department/ School/ University committees, as assigned
- Attend Department, School and University faculty meetings and retreats
- Maintain advanced knowledge in discipline and area of expertise
- Participate in the PharmD honors program and the University SURF program
- Attend Department, School and University functions
Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor.
Rank is commensurate with education and experience.
- PhD in Medicinal Chemistry / Chemical Biology / Bio-Organic or related chemistry field (post-doctoral experience preferred)
- Strong evidence of a commitment to teaching, scholarship with excellent communication, time management, organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to conduct independent research and work as a member of a team
- Peer-reviewed published research in area of expertise
- Teaching in a pharmacy / health science school preferred
MCPHS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a substantial health/dental insurance subsidy, generous holiday/vacation policy, and a significant pension plan contribution.
To apply, please visit www.mcphs.edu. Attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae. No phone calls, please. Principals only. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who would enrich the University’s diversity are welcome to apply.