Clinical Assistant Professor
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for the position of Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Boise State University. This is a full-time, benefit eligible position, to start in January 2019. (January 2019 is the preferred start date, but candidates who are unable to start until August 2019 will receive full consideration.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach lecture sections of either Organic Chemistry I, Organic Chemistry II, or Survey of Organic Chemistry
- Coordinate the lab course offerings for Organic Chemistry I Laboratory (CHEM 308) or Organic Chemistry II Laboratory (CHEM 310), including conducting weekly pre-lab discussion sections with students
- Teach at least one section of Organic Chemistry Laboratory each academic year (in the lab with students)
- Co-teach Advanced Synthesis Laboratory (CHEM 323)
- Work with others in the department to ensure the organic chemistry labs are set to run smoothly
- Communicate with the Organic Chemistry Lab Instructors throughout the semester at weekly meetings
- Finalize edits and place orders for the Organic Chemistry Laboratory Manuals
- Observe and oversee the Organic Chemistry Lab Instructor
The Successful Candidate Will Also:
- Support the coordination and academic integration between organic chemistry lecture and laboratory
- Work with organic chemistry faculty to develop and improve the organic chemistry laboratory curriculum
- Provide supplemental instruction materials for the Chemistry Instructional Center
- Participate in departmental and university service
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Ph.D. in Chemistry (Organic)
- College teaching experience in organic chemistry
- Knowledge of evidence-based teaching practices and curriculum development
Salary: The salary is $50,000 per year for the 9-month position. There is the possibility of additional income for teaching during the summer sessions.
How to Apply: If you are interested in this position, please apply directly through Boise State University Human Resource Services at the following link: https://boisestate.taleo.net/careersection/exfac/jobdetail.ftl?job=180744&tz=GMT-06%3A00
Close Date: September 4th 2018 at midnight.
About the University: Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. http://www.boisestate.edu/
About the City of Boise: Boise is a mid-size city, located on the Boise River near the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. In national polls, Boise has been repeatedly named one of the best places to live because of surrounding natural beauty, access to outdoors, low cost of living, and low crime rates.
To learn more about Boise:
Background Investigations: Any offer of employment at Boise State University will be contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation and may require a credit and/or motor vehicle background investigation depending on the position. To view the University’s full Background Investigations policy, please go to http://policy.boisestate.edu .
Drug-Free Workplace: It is the policy of Boise State University to maintain a drug-free workplace and campus. For more information about this policy, please go to https://policy.boisestate.edu/human-resources/drug-and-alcohol-free-workplace-policy/
Jeanne Clery Statement - Notice of Availability of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report The Boise State University Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is provided to students, faculty, staff, and the public as part of the University’s commitment to safety and security on campus, and in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act. Copies of the report may be obtained at the Department of Public Safety substation located at 2245 University Drive or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2017 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for Boise State University is now available online at: https://security.boisestate.edu/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2017/09/2017-Annual-Security-and-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf
The report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Boise State; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. It also includes the annual fire safety report and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies for sexual assault, drug and alcohol use, and other matters.
Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other underrepresented groups. EEO/AA Institution, Veterans preference. Please visit: http://hrs.boisestate.edu/resources/eeoaa/ for more information.