Research Scientist - Lubricants
Sasol (USA) Corporation is building a world-scale ethane cracker and derivatives complex adjacent to its existing site near Westlake in Calcasieu Parish. The ethane cracker will enable Sasol to expand its differentiated ethylene derivatives business, while helping to strengthen U.S. Manufacturing, boost exports and spur economic growth.
Due to our tremendous growth we are recruiting for a Research Scientist – Lubricants. This position will report through the Research and Development Department located at the Lake Charles Chemical Complex.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
- Provides technical expertise and support to research team; leads significant technical initiatives within R&D and the site
- Understands technical requirements and recommends R&D objectives, defines what is needed in terms of equipment, etc. and sets appropriate priorities and project goals with supervisor and project teams to meet technical needs
- Responsible for method development, operation and maintenance of instrumentation in their area(s) of expertise, and communication of accurate and timely analytical results
- Develops and maintains an effective network with key stakeholders, such as technical peers within R&D, to efficiently meet technical goals
- Critically evaluates, documents, and presents technical results
- Demonstrates competencies regarding key standard techniques commonly used in the laboratory (e.g., sample treatment and preparation)
- Adheres to safety, health, and environmental procedures
Experience and/or Education Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering; PhD preferred.
- 5+ years’ research & development experience (including experience planning and executing research projects)
- Background in Lubrication required
- Knowledge of tribology and application method development preferred
- Ability to effectively solve problems and reach data based conclusions in multiple technical areas
- Effective interpersonal skills to work with internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.