Environmental Fate Specialist
Due to Sasol (USA) Corporation’s tremendous growth, we are recruiting for an Environmental Fate Specialist. The position reports to the Toxicology & Risk Assessment Global Product Safety & Sustainability Manager and is located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, Houston, Texas USA or Marl, Germany.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
- Providing assistance in ensuring that the products of Sasol’s Performance Chemicals and Base Chemicals, in accordance with Sasol’s strategy and objectives, can be produced, utilized and marketed without posing any risk to the environment
- Initiating and monitoring environmental fate and Eco toxicological studies on Sasol’s Performance Chemicals products
- Co-operating with global Sasol environmental expertise for exchange of information regarding environmental fate and Eco toxicity testing
- Conducting environmental hazard and exposure assessments for Sasol’s Performance Chemicals and Base Chemicals products
- Assessing the risk to the environment in connection with the development, production, marketing, utilization and disposal of Sasol’s products and, if any potential risks are identified, developing strategies to mitigate such risks
- Providing environmental expertise in the preparation and submittal of global notifications and registrations (including Pre Manufacture Notifications (PMN) in the United States, New Substance Notifications in Canada and REACH registrations in Europe) for Sasol’s Performance Chemicals products
- Representing Sasol’s Performance Chemicals and Base Chemicals in national and international registration and testing consortia (e.g. REACH), ensuring that Sasol’s interests are considered
- Coordinating the utilization of outside consulting services for Global Product Safety & Sustainability projects such as product registrations and submissions
- Monitoring environmental fate and effects information and related regulatory developments, trends, and evaluates their impact on Sasol’s Performance Chemicals and Base Chemicals products
- Co-operating in the planning and implementation of strategies aimed at ensuring sustained marketability of Sasol’s Performance Chemicals and Base Chemicals products in the event of changes in the environmental and regulatory framework.
- Representing Sasol’s interests in national and international industrial associations as well as science, government and industry committees to achieve divisional as well as overall company objectives
- Preparing and exchanging information with environmental fate and ecotoxicology experts from academia, government agencies, customers and industry in order to assess the inherent properties of substances with the overall aim of securing the Sasol’s market position in accordance with the principles of “responsible care”
- Participating in multi-disciplinary project teams as assigned
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- Doctoral Degree in Environmental Sciences (e.g. Toxicology, Microbiology) with emphasis on degradation and environmental fate of chemicals
- 5+ years’ experience in chemical or related industry
- Basic knowledge of international (especially EU, US) chemical legislation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- English at business proficiency level
- Training/presentation skills and experience desirable
- Ability to work well under pressure and frequent travel
Locations: Lake Charles, Louisiana or Houston, Texas, USA or Marl, Germany
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.