Scientist – Vaccine Formulation
A position is open for a Scientist to head vaccine formulation research at Fraunhofer USA’s Center for Molecular Biotechnology (Fraunhofer CMB) in Newark, Delaware. Fraunhofer USA is a not-for-profit charitable organization dedicated to the advancement of research, and Fraunhofer CMB is focused on the development of technologies to improve vaccine and therapeutic design and delivery, and to advance lead molecules to the clinic. This position addresses the development of new vaccine formulations to combat infectious diseases.
- Lead a research team focused on the development of thermostable formulations for vaccines, including the development of new technologies for controlled release.
- Provide creative intellectual input into advancing the Center’s vaccine research, including leading relevant grant writing efforts.
- Assume responsibility for achieving long and short-term project milestones.
- Provide leadership, including direction setting, decision making, delegation, motivation, mentoring, and developing technical capabilities.
- Draft project reports, presentations, publications, and patent applications.
- Experience in the stabilization of proteins in pharmaceutical formulations, the release of active ingredients from formulations, and drying technologies.
- Doctoral degree or equivalent experience in pharmaceutical sciences, biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry, biomolecular or chemical engineering, or another relevant field.
- Detailed understanding of formulation development, protein biochemistry, and protein analytical techniques.
- Experience in lipid biochemistry and adjuvant formulations is an advantage.
- Highly self-motivated, and able to work in a diverse, fast-paced laboratory environment.
- Track record of supervisory experience and grant writing are advantages.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Fraunhofer CMB offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Scientist – Vaccine Formulation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly