Plant production Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: The plant manager position directs and manages all plant production operations with overall responsibilities for inventory management, production scheduling, production, maintenance, quality, safety and other production-related activities.
- Leadership and ability to motivate and lead production team
- Experienced in manufacturing environment
- Financial management experience and ability to implement Microsoft Dynamix AX system.
- Communication proficiency at all levels
- Levelheaded decision making under high demand times
- Proactive problem solving and analysis
- Attention to detail, cleanliness and organizational skill is a must
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving
- Assist in the implementation of Microsoft Dynamix ERP system
- Manage supply chain information—including inventory, warehouse, month end inventory counts and production
- Introduce and improve on workflow efficiencies
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages, overtime and salaries
- Manages capital asset maintenance and lean and efficient production
- Highly proficient with Office365 and SharePoint
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards
- Minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses through effective planning
- Make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel
- Hires and provides direction, development and leadership to production employees
- Maintain security system which may require a late night or weekend visit if triggered
- Supports lab and office equipment areas with maintenance
- Develops Priority list of tasks and projects to improve operations
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb ladders or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. For safety purposes, candidate must have specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt managerial position. Hours could vary depending on season and issue. Occasional weekend or late-night hours may occur from time to time. May need to visit plant alone after hours for alarm events.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in related field or five years plant/general management experience in a chemical or other complex manufacturing environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
Chemical, engineering, cost accounting or management accounting degree or combination thereof
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For more information contact:
COO – ORO AGRI Inc
Apply for Plant production Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly