Chemical Hygiene Officer
The Chemical Hygiene Officer acts as a subject matter expert in chemical safety for UCSF. This position is responsible for maintaining the Chemical Hygiene Plan and overseeing compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations pertaining to the use of hazardous chemicals at UCSF.
Duties include development of control banded SOPs, serving as a key member of the university’s chemical safety committee, and maintaining the university’s chemical inventory system.
OFFICE OF ENVIRONMENT HEALTH AND SAFETY
EH&S is responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy environment at UCSF for all faculty, staff, students, patients and visitors. The primary focus of EH&S is on training of UCSF employees, development and implementation of proper health and safety procedures, promoting environmental stewardship, environmental and personnel monitoring to verify effectiveness of its programs, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field
• Five years of experience working in a research laboratory or safety related field
• Comprehensive knowledge of chemistry, chemical laboratory procedures, and chemical safety
• Skill and ability to conduct comprehensive literature searches on chemicals and chemical safety related information
• Advanced skill in mentoring or overseeing the work of other EH&S technical and professional staff
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills, including advanced political acumen and skill to effectively communicate with diverse constituencies in a highly political environment
• Advanced analytical and organizational skills to organize, prioritize and manage the successful completion of projects within budget and time constraints
• Master’s degree or PhD in Chemistry or related field
• Certified Chemical Hygiene Officer
• Experience in synthetic organic chemistry including working with pyrophoric chemicals and
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the Apply button to view full details and to apply today.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Apply today.