Senior Research Chemist
Senior Level Research Chemist
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Senior Level Research Chemist in the Research Laboratory Department, R & D Division.
Job Summary: The position has three primary responsibilities: (1) to perform exploratory research for the purpose of identifying new product candidates that can be considered for possible commercialization; (2) to manage technical projects where select new product candidates are moved from the concept stage to full commercialization; (3) to provide technical and product support in addressing quality, cost and product characterization challenges encountered in the company’s manufacturing and regulatory groups.
Duties/Responsibilities: 1. Determine new product candidates via synthetic methods or formulation approaches which will produce the desired performance and physical properties.
2. Organize laboratory experiments, including use of statistical methods (Minitab) and technical databases (SciFinder, Patsnap) in the discovery and development of new product candidates.
3. Evaluate potential new products through analytical testing, and determine whether the products have the desired properties through performance testing (internal or external). Utilize formulation techniques and statistical methods to optimize performance. Propose further work on the technology being explored as well as alternate technologies that should be taken into consideration.
4. Document research activities including record keeping in laboratory notebooks, the writing of technical monthly reports and the preparation of periodic presentations for sales, business and management.
5. Write and present technical papers at industry conferences and for a select group of customers as determined by the various business units.
6. Act as project leader on new product development projects from conception to commercialization. In accordance with the Company’s ISO 9001 protocols and procedures, construct New Product Profiles and execute Design Plans, working with and obtaining feedback from appropriate personnel.
7. Provide technical support to Analytical Services, Process Development, Engineering, Regulatory and Risk, Legal and the Sales groups (including applications labs) to facilitate their requirements. Page 2
Job Requirements: 1. A small amount of travel to technical conferences, customers and the company’s manufacturing locations (< 10%).
2. A PhD Degree in Organic Chemistry.
3. Excellent verbal, written and computer skills including use of Microsoft and Google productivity software as well as web based scientific applications.
4. Ability to write patents and to collaborate with legal and business personnel involved with the execution, maintenance and defense of relevant IP.
5. Excellent chemical laboratory skills. Ability to develop new products through synthetic methods or by utilizing formulation techniques.
6. Ability to work effectively with other groups in the organization including Analytical, Applications, Process Development, Engineering, Legal, Regulatory, Environmental, Purchasing, Business and Sales. Any interested party should send a cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Cheryl Busby, Human Resources Manager
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC
P. O. Box 5150
Norwalk, CT 06856-5150 R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
More searches like this
- Energy / Fuels Research-Applied Full time $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Norwalk
- General / Technical Research-Applied Full time $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Norwalk
- Organic Research-Applied Full time $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Norwalk
- Petrochemicals Research-Applied Full time $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Norwalk
- Rubber Research-Applied Full time $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Norwalk