Chemical Engineering Consultant – Reaction Engineering (196896W-01)
6 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
The Process Technology & Solutions (PT&S) Group in the Engineering Technology Center of the Specialty Products Division of DowDuPont located in Wilmington, Delaware is a global corporate engineering consulting group that provides engineering services to DuPont Specialty Products businesses worldwide. The group provides innovative solutions in all aspects of process engineering including heat and mass transfer, engineering evaluations, process modeling, thermodynamics, reaction engineering, mixing and fluid flow, solids handling, materials engineering, process equipment analysis and integrity, dust explosion and fire protection. The group is involved in process development, design of process equipment, evaluation of technical alternatives, capital project support, process improvement and trouble-shooting, engineering judgment, and determining root cause of process and equipment problems. PT&S consultants work side-by-side with other experts in the ETC in a technically stimulating and collegial work environment.
The P&TS Group seeks a highly motivated and experienced Chemical Engineer with a deep expertise in Reaction engineering and a strong background in fundamental chemical engineering principles and modeling. The consultant will be responsible for:
· Developing a world-class technical expertise in Reaction Engineering and using it to make specific, actionable recommendations which are implemented by our internal customers
· Analyzing, designing, optimizing, and trouble-shooting a variety of single or multi-phase chemical, polymerization, biochemical, and electrochemical reactors.
· Providing guidance on experimental approaches aimed at elucidating rate determining steps for reactor selection and scale-up. Utilizing experience and available modeling tools to improve understanding of the underlying kinetic as well as heat and mass transfer and thermodynamic issues that govern reaction rates.
· Developing fundamental and empirical reaction kinetic models and parameters from experimental data and incorporating them in reactor models for process design, analysis, and optimization.
· Understanding both the underlying fundamental chemical engineering principles and the specific equipment design details necessary to ensure successful outcomes for customers.
· Networking with other consultants, plant technical and research staff, project engineers, consortia, etc. as appropriate, to create, cultivate and manage a customer base.
· Managing and coordinating a high volume, diverse portfolio of projects and providing timely results to customers.
· Working with customers to understand their problems and provide the appropriate cost-effective and safe solution.
· Providing detailed written and verbal communication of results and recommendations to customers.
· Cooperating and sharing technical information with others in the Reaction Engineering community within DuPont
· MS in Chemical Engineering required. PhD preferred
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in R&D or in a plant technical support role required
· Minimum of 3 years working as a Reaction Engineer.
· Proficiency in using Process Modeling and Simulation tools (e.g. Aspen Plus, Aspen Custom Modeler)
· Demonstrated strong technical skills and ability to make sound engineering judgment.
· Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; e.g. ability to present complex technical issues and to communicate effectively with all parts of the organization - R&D and plant personnel (Operators, Technicians, Engineers, Management) at all levels
· Self-motivated. Ability to work independently and to adjust priorities with minimum supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and desire to expand knowledge
· Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent activities and deliver on commitments under tight time constraints
· This position reports to the Engineering Manager and is in Wilmington, Delaware.