Associate Editor – editorial position at a physics publisher with a collaborative work environment, co-workers that double as friends, unlimited coffee and chocolate, and an unmatched retirement plan.
Why Should You Apply?
If you like to travel, are interested in using your skills from academia to make a scientific impact through scholarship and communication, then this is the position for you.
AIP Publishing is looking for an Associate Editor to join a new in-house editorial team. The role requires working closely with academic authors and reviewers to select articles for publication in accordance with the quality thresholds of the journal. The Associate Editor will need to:
- manage the peer review process in a fair, timely, and thorough way
- keep up to date with the scientific literature to carefully measure work submitted, against its originality and the impact it will have in the field
- contribute to development and implementation of short- and long-term strategies for journal development
- coordinate marketing efforts that will ensure increased journal usage, visibility and authorship
- commission authors to submit to the journals from key institutions worldwide
- stay engaged with the scientific community and represent AIP Publishing at conferences and institutional visits Job Location and Qualifications:
This role will be based in AIP Publishing’s Long Island offices in New York and, as such, candidates must have the right to live and work in the United States. An advanced physical science degree (Ph.D., or similar, in Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering) is a must as are excellent literary and interpersonal skills. To apply please submit a CV along with a brief statement highlighting the unique skills you would bring to this role.
AIP Publishing is a wholly owned not-for-profit subsidiary of the American Institute of Physics (AIP). AIP Publishing’s mission is to support the charitable, scientific and educational purposes of AIP through scholarly publishing activities in the fields of the physical and related sciences on its own behalf, on behalf of Member Societies of AIP, and on behalf of other publishing partners to help them proactively advance their missions. AIP Publishing’s portfolio comprises 28 highly regarded, peer-reviewed journals, including the flagship journals Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Applied Physics, and The Journal of Chemical Physics, in addition to the AIP Conference Proceedings.
AIP Publishing offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement and tuition assistance as well as an onsite fitness center. Our new collaborative office design encourages innovation and creativity with a variety of flexible spaces to suit a variety of working styles. At AIP Publishing, ideas and suggestions are encouraged and valued. Our employees are our most valuable assets, working together as a team to meet the needs of our customers.