Postdoc Postdoctoral Fellow Formulation Technology – Understanding the Impact of Drug Phase Separati
6 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
The Postdoctoral Program is designed for true investigational and experimental research. Participants will be mentored by renowned industry scientists and collaborators at AbbVie and focused on delivering cutting-edge advancements in Discovery, Development Sciences and BioPharma. The enriching training program offers a balance of structured learning and work experience which fosters a learning environment to advance individual development with accessibility to high-level knowledge building across the drug development continuum
Technical expert that will investigate, identify, develop and optimize new methods/ techniques to address critical project needs. Continuously seek to improve existing laboratory methods and processes. Read and adapt literature to accomplish assignments. Demonstrate mastery of broad range of experimental techniques and methods of data analysis.
To be successful, we need outstanding individuals willing to challenge themselves to find the best solutions for our patients. The AbbVie Postdoc program is one way we are doing just that.
Through our Postdoc program, we are hiring postdocs from key academic institutions for preferred areas of science in the U.S., while providing a unique opportunity for participants to build a solid career foundation in the pharmaceutical industry while building the AbbVie brand as an employer of choice for scientific talent. The program offers a balance of structured learning and work experience, with accessibility to high-level knowledge building across the drug development continuum. The assignment is expected to be two years minimally and up to three years.
Background of Pharmaceutics:
Pharmaceutics is a group focused on the physicochemical characterization of new chemical entities for their development as medicine. This role includes supporting pre-clinical screening and toxicology studies through formulation development. A significant portion of this role requires continuous scientific development of new formulation methods and technologies.
Investigate the role of phase separation in formulation performance. Develop in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo tools to evaluate formulation performance through generation and maintenance of secondary drug-rich phases.
The desired outcome of this work will be multiple external scientific publications and external presentations at scientific conferences. Some information may also contribute to internal publications and reports for knowledge sharing purposes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Formulation development for poorly soluble drugs, focused on amorphous solid dispersion technologies.
* Development/refinement of in vitro characterization tools for monitoring of drug rich phase separation.
* Development of ex vivo and in vivo models for dissolution testing.
* Planning, manufacture, characterization, and assessment of oral formulations of poorly soluble drugs.
* Investigation of drug dissolution properties and underlying mechanisms.
* Compilation of results in reports, presentations, and scientific publications.
* Search, study, and compile scientific and patent literature.
* Strong interaction and interdisciplinary work with colleagues and interfaces
* PhD in pharmacy, chemistry, chemical engineering, biomedical/biological engineering.
* Background in pharmaceutical technology, formulation, drug delivery, and analytical characterization.
* Experience with material characterization techniques, including nanomaterial characterization: DLS, SEM, AFM, Light/confocal microscopy, thermal characterization, RAMAN spectroscopy
* Enthusiasm and passion for conducting creative scientific research.
* Extensive laboratory research experience and desire to continue in a laboratory focused role.
* Effective organizational and communication skills.
* Works well in teams of diverse backgrounds/experiences.
* Excellent IT/software skills Experience in developing/working with rodent models.
* Experience with histology, including tissue fixation procedures and evaluation/imaging.
* Must have work authorization in the United States
* Demonstrated scientific writing skills and strong verbal communication skills.
* Excellent problem-solving skills including critical and analytical thinking.
Key Leadership Competencies:
* Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the immediate team to enable higher performance
* Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
* Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
* Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation to drive the science in the field of interest
* Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
· For further information on the company and its people, portfolio and commitments, please visit www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter or view careers on our Facebook or LinkedIn page.
· Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled