Senior Chemist: Procurement and Validation
DigiLens is looking for a Senior Chemist, with a proven track record of successful development of nano-composites. This position will work with our team in Silicon Valley R&D Centre, located in Sunnyvale, California.
What can DigiLens do for you?
- Provide you with a high impact area of ownership that enables both you and us to grow. Ultimately playing a significant role in our future.
- This position will work hand in hand with Materials, Optical and Process Engineering teams to shape the future of Waveguide optics
What can you do for DigiLens?
- Oversee material procurement scheduling, inventory control procedures, shipping/receiving timelines, and quality control of received materials in accordance with established production schedules.
- Establish materials management policies and procedures to ensure storage, handling, and disposal of materials in accordance with EHS guidelines.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing or potential suppliers to ensure cost, delivery, and quality requirements coincide with production budgets and schedules.
- Define internal testing guidelines and performance metrics to ensure consistent material quality and stability.
- Compilation and submission of documents for regulatory filings.
- Clear communication with the international business partners to drive global expansion
- Maintaining existing regulatory filings/licenses, managing updates and related change control processes
- Create, implement & train Quality Management System (QMS) processes.
What you need for success
- BS or equivalent in chemistry or materials science.
- Comprehension of chemical formulations and material processing techniques.
- Maintain a safe work environment by ensuring compliance with EHS guidelines.
- Ability to effectively present information to groups of employees, site leadership, and customers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 3+ years of experience in the chemical Industry, polymers, or liquid crystals.
- Experience with regulatory compliance and regulatory submission procedures.
- Experience with supply chain management and inventory control.
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is a plus.